Dementia Friendly Keighley have provided links to resources you may find useful. We also have some of resources in stock should you require a hard copy, please contact the office on 01535 602529 or call in to see us
To help make things a little easier, we’ve put together a number of Information Sheets. These contain useful information, advice and tips, on a range of subjects including 10 Common Symptoms of Dementia, Staying Hydrated, Managing Memory and more. There are also audio versions of these Information Sheets. Simply download the one you wish to listen to, or use the player below.
- 10 Common Symptoms - Audio Information Sheet 5:39
- Caring for Carers - Audio Information Sheet 2:31
- Dementia and Maintaining a Healthy Diet - Audio Information Sheet 3:35
- Dementia and Staying Hydrated - Audio Information Sheet 3:10
- Maintaining Verbal Skills - Audio Information Sheet 2:39
- Managing Anger and Verbal Aggression - Audio Information Sheet 3:00
- Managing Memory Loss - Audio Information Sheet 2:48
- Manging Episodes of Incontinence - Audio Information Sheet 2:52
- Measures to Prevent Incontinence - Audio Information Sheet 3:06
- Stages of Dementia - Audio Information Sheet 6:43
- Steps to Diagnosing Dementia - Audio Information Sheet 2:53
- The Importance of Exercise - Audio Information Sheet 2:46
- Wanting to Leave the House - Audio Information Sheet 2:52
- Dementia in Ethnic Minority Communities - Audio Information Sheet 3:02
- Ramadhan, Eid and Dementia - Audio Information Sheet 3:52
- Music, Songs, Rhythm and Recitation - Audio Information Sheet 3:20
The following videos provide information on dementia and local projects
Life Story Work in Dementia Care, York University
Dementia Friendly Community Toolkit
BBC Radio 5 Live has been to see the UK’s first ‘dementia friendly’ rail line, where staff are being taught to recognise when people living with dementia are travelling.
It’s hoped it will make life easier for people living with dementia, and their carers, travelling on Northern Rail between Morecambe and Leeds.
It has been organised by the Bentham Line Community Rail Partnership with help from Dementia Friends Keighley.
This section provides a range of toolkits, documents and other resources that you might find useful
Let’s Start Something new
Get in touch to say hello, share your experience, ask for what support is out there or offer some time to volunteer for Dementia Friendly Keighley.